Poetic proverbs

 No marriage contract is made without a quarrel. ~ Hebrew Proverb

Source: https://proverbicals.com/marriage-proverbs

“Then, I just need to leave. If we can’t live together and say what needs to be said!”
The doorknob in my hand. 

She pulls at me, “don’t leave stand up for yourself, be yourself!” She pleads.

“Fine, Marry Me!” I shout back, “Then, I won’t be able to leave. We will be able to be ourselves without fear.” I take her hands in mine, lower my eyes, let the tears fall, capture my breath and voice. 

Softly I whisper, as I raise my chin and look into her eyes, “Marry me, will you?”

The contract made has been broken. I couldn’t say what needed to be said. I didn’t let her say what needed to be said. I was afraid of causing pain and didn’t want her to cause me any. 

But love is painful. 

So without shared pain there is no love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heros