NaPoWriMo 2022 Cento

 Does it hurt? 


In afterwinter, I await not the rains of spring but its splendor.
Atrophy has taken the bloom 
Hold her close until it hurts
Realize the body is not yours.
I am found dead as dead can be.

Upon a recent visit to the house where once I resided
I was startled!
I saw sadness
I did not bring comfort

I was afraid of causing pain
exhausted final breaths change tones
Pain pierces my heart with love
I leave hurt by love

I have no interest in apathy
The pangs came in waves
Coaxes me into the realm of Idiocracy
The reason the blood loss
Slightly redder than sweet tea
A reason of resolution

The pink sky now dark denim, I click on my headlight
Life is too short
Focus on Clock
It’s been a minute
The masks have been lowered

Hard work and lots of luck
Each summer the echoes of the previous are brought to life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heros