I'm a published Lyricist

 

How Vast the Web of Life

(to the tune of “How Great Thou Art”)



When I behold the wide and living cosmos,

The turning earth, the sky’s unfolding art,

In wind and flame, in ocean’s restless breathing,

I feel the pulse that stirs the human heart.


Then sing our souls in awe and grateful wonder

How vast the web that holds us all

Then sing our souls in awe and grateful wonder

How vast the web that holds us all


When through the woods I walk in quiet wonder

And hear the birds greet morning’s gentle light,

I sense the truth no single creed can capture:

All things belong within this greater life.


Then sing our souls in awe and grateful wonder

How vast the web that holds us all

Then sing our souls in awe and grateful wonder

How vast the web that holds us all


When we stand strong for justice and for kindness,

When love resists the fear that would divide,

The human spirit grows in hope and courage,

And lifts the dream of dignity worldwide.


Then sing our souls in awe and grateful wonder

How vast the web that holds us all

Then sing our souls in awe and grateful wonder

How vast the web that holds us all

 

Verse 4

And when at last our brief and shining journeys

Return their gifts to earth and sky and sea,

The love we shared will echo through the ages,

A living thread in truth and harmony.

 

Then sing our souls in awe and grateful wonder

How vast the web that holds us all

Then sing our souls in awe and grateful wonder

How vast the web that holds us all

 

You can hear the tune here: Home | Sing Out Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good woman's love